More than "you talk, I listen" - counseling with a purpose!
I provide a counseling experience that is clear and concrete utilizing Impact Therapy in my approach. This approach combines elements of Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT), Transactional Analysis (TA) and Gestalt theories, keeping you involved and engaged in creating change you want to see in your life. This approach is an active, creative, interesting and productive approach to counseling. The goal of each session is to create change, or set in motion the process to create change. All counseling is an individual process and you will want to find a counselor that you feel comfortable working with. Choosing a qualified, experienced and compassionate counselor is important. I am a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) with the Mental Health Services Provider (MHSP) designation. This means that I am able work with you on any life issue occurring during any phase of your life. I can prevent, diagnose, and treat mental, emotional or behavioral disorders and associated disorders which interfere with your mental health; conduct assessments and diagnoses for the purpose of establishing treatment goals and objectives within the limitations prescribed in T.C.A. § 63-22-150(1); and plan, implement, and evaluate treatment plans using counseling treatment interventions. Only when a therapist has achieved the stringent educational and experience requirements for licensure is the designation as a LPC/MHSP awarded. To learn more about the requirement for licensure in the state of Tennessee, please visit the Tennessee Board of Licensed Professional Counselors.
What you need will depend upon where you are in your life and career, and where you want to go. Some of the services I offer to help you find work/life balance:
- Work/Life Balance and Stress Management - We all experience stress in our daily living. The perception of stress and peace come from the same place - our minds and thoughts. Successfully managing stress can allow you to lead a life free of stress induced illness, cope better with the often competing demands of work and home, build a life beyond the daily demands, and find more moments of peace and happiness.
- Mental Health Counseling - I work with families, couples, individual and teens. I enjoy working with a variety of life challenges and problems in functioning. Some of these include: relationship problems, phase of life problems (developmental transitions or life circumstances such as birth, death, divorce, marriage, etc.), ADD/ADHD, friends and family dealing with substance abuse or dependence, depression, bi polar, anxiety disorders (panic disorders, agoraphobia, specific phobia, social phobia, obsessive compulsive disorder, post traumatic stress disorder, acute stress disorder, generalized anxiety disorder).
- Self Assessment - Affordable career assessment tools to help you determine your personality type, work areas of interest, and career/life values. Whether you are just starting to search for your life's work, in the middle and needing a career change, returning to the world of work after an absence, or nearing retirement and looking at the next chapter of your life story, I can assist you in finding your direction.
- Exploration - Based upon the individualized self assessment, you will be guided through an exploration to discover careers that are a good fit for your type, interests, and values. If you are "stuck" in the early career search, in mid-career stagnation, or fearing the change of retirement, I can help you understand what may be standing in your way.
- Job Search Skills - At some time in our life and career we must all market ourselves to potential employers. I work with you to customize your cover letter and resume, learn to network to find the hidden job market, and gain confidence in your interview skills and personal presentation. We work together to maximize your employment potential.
100 Winners Circle N.
Nashville, Tennessee 37027
Helpful Links & Other Resources
Alanon Family Groups
Cumberland Heights Alcohol and Drug Treatment Centers
Tennessee Board of Licensed Professional Counselors
Tennessee Counseling Association
Tennessee Licensed Professional Counselors Association
Tennessee Mental Health Counselors Association
American Counseling Association
National Board for Certified Counselors
National Career Development Association
Tennessee Job Bank
America’s Job Bank
Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce Job Search Web Site
Indeed.com (Job Search Site)
Occupational Outlook Handbook (U.S. Department of Labor)
ONET online (Occupational Information):
U.S. Federal Government Job Listings
STRESS MANAGEMENT SKILLS
Stress Management from Mind Tools
Tips for Managing Stress from Mayo Clinic
Vanderbilt Center for Integrative Health
NASHVILLE AREA MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES
Nashville Crisis Intervention Center
Davidson County Mobile Crisis Team Mental Health Cooperative
Tennessee Department of Mental Health
Centerstone Community Health Centers
Mental Health Association of Middle Tennessee